The Song of Isaiah
In the ever growing clear vision of the Messiah, the Hebrew prophet introduces Yahweh’s Servant. It is a message of God’s saving grace. God’s eternal purpose is redemption, and He works out that eternal purpose in history. Ernest Holmes and The Song of Isaiah, it is wonderful to hear the Teachers Voice in this very Wonderful Piece from the Bible.
1. Thus Sayeth the Lord Thou your sins be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow for behold I create a new heaven and a new earth. I will do a new thing and it shall spring forth I am he that blotteth out thy transgressions.
2. Behold your God will come and save you then the eyes of the blind shall be opened and ears of deaf shall be unstopped then shall the lame men leap as an hart and the tongue of the dumb sing.
3. Let all the nations be gathered together and all the people be assembled, yee are my witnesses saith the Lord and my servant that I have chosen that ye may know and believe me and understand me that I am he, before me there was no God formed, I even I am the Lord and beside me there is no savior ye before the day was I am he and there is none that can deliver out of my hand I will work and who shall hinder me.
4. The People that walk in darkness have seen the great light they that dwell in land of the shadow of death upon them hath the light shine for unto us a child is born unto us a son is given and a government shall be upon his shoulder and his name shall be called wonderful counselor the mighty god the everlasting father the prince of peace and the spirit of the lord shall rest upon him.
5. Behold God is my salvation I will not be afraid for the Lord Jehova is my strength and my song and also he has become my salvation The Earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the lord. The Glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall beith together. Violence shall no more be heard in thy land. The Sun shall no more be thy light for the day and the moon shall no longer be they light for the evening. For the lord shall be your light!
Ernest S. Holmes